Are you looking for the best car sex positions? Then this guide from clinical sexologist Rachel Sommer, Ph.D., will help!
Do you remember when you sneaked out for a hookup when you were younger?
As uncomfortable as it might have been, years later and you’re back to square one with kids around and way too many responsibilities to enjoy a peaceful moment with your partner. But fear not, there’s a way to get intimate without going on a holiday, and it’s car sex.
Here’s why car sex is so great:
- It makes you feel a bit nostalgic as it transports you to your teenage years when a car was your go-to hookup spot. And even if it’s not something you’ve ever experienced, there’s nothing more fun than trying things for the first time.
- The thrill of possibly getting caught makes it more exciting. Now that you aren’t a teenager anymore, the stakes are even higher.
- If you have kids, it might be your only option to enjoy a sexy time with your partner. So, why not?
- It brings variety to your sex life. Sex in tight spaces might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but trying new things in bed has been linked to increased sexual satisfaction.
But first, here are some car sex tips to follow to ensure a safe and pleasant experience:
- Park the car in a secluded and safe area.
- Turn the engine off and turn the emergency brake on.
- Read up on the legality of car sex in your state.
- Wear comfortable clothes that are easy to remove.
- Fold the backseat down for more comfort.
- Bring sex toys!
Today’s guide is on the best car sex positions that are more fun to try than they seem. In addition, all car sexual positions come with pictures and illustrations, so it’s easy to try them yourself in the bedroom.
So buckle up and enjoy the ride!
Backseat spooning is worth trying, not just because it comes in handy if you run out of gas and have to resort to cuddling to prevent freezing to death. Jokes aside, spooning works great as a backseat car sex position. Here’s why:
- If your car is big enough, you can tuck yourself into the backseat and enjoy a few hot moments without having passersby figure it out.
- Having public sex is adventurous, but there should always be a space for some intimacy. Spooning ensures skin-to-skin contact that increases bonding and gets you high on oxytocin.
- Since you’re lying down, you won’t have to worry about banging your head on the ceiling or the car door. It might feel a little tight, but hey, it adds to the excitement.
How To Do It
- If possible, fold the back seats first, then have your partner lie on one side and then slide into a spoon position in front of them.
- Your partner can rub your breast and pleasure you with his fingers – you can also benefit from direct clitoral stimulation in this position.
If you’re a bit of an exhibitionist, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t try the backseat doggy position. Doggy style is one of the best positions for car sex because its rawness makes it hot. If you’re more submissive than dominant, the mere thought of aggressive sex probably turns you on. Pair it with an outdoor setting, and you have a recipe for what might be the hottest night of your life!
How To Do It
- In this position, the vagina owner is on all fours in the backseat while the penis owner stands behind.
- Make sure you stay close to the edge of the seat and have your partner enter you in a squatting position.
I get it. Some say the missionary position is boring. However, it has so many variations it’s only boring if you aren’t imaginative enough. If you’re an avid porn watcher like me (no shame in that), you’re probably familiar with the Fake Taxi series. Well, now you can use it for inspiration and turn your fantasy into an actual roleplay.
While your car is probably nowhere near the size of those taxis, you can still build tension with dirty talk. Have your partner pretend they’re a taxi driver and brush up on your acting skills. It might be awkward if roleplay isn’t usually your thing, but adding novelty can increase sexual satisfaction.
How To Do It
- Lay the backseat flat and have your partner place your legs on their shoulder while lying on your back.
- Then, your partner enters you slowly and penetrates you keeping your legs raised.
- Alternatively, you can lie on your back on the edge of the car seat and have your partner penetrate you in a squatting position.
- Or fold the front passenger seat while your penetrating partner kneels in front of you.
As far as car positions go, the good old cowgirl, aka car girl, is a classic, and it’s easy to see why. You can quickly jump on your partner’s lap whenever you feel the heat rising. There’s no need to waste time maneuvering in the backseat: all you have to do is stop in a secluded place.
Even though it’s the most arousing when it’s spontaneous, as a beginner, you should plan ahead. Make sure you wear clothes that are easy to remove and prepare a playlist to build the right atmosphere. Moving your hips to the rhythm of the sensual song will make him go crazy, just enough to steam up those windows. Who says the traditional cowgirl position is boring?
How To Do It
- The giving partner sits in the front or back seat. For more compact cars, move to the back seat to get more space.
- Then, the vulva owner climbs on their partner’s lap and straddles them while slowly sliding into the position.
- You can wrap your arms around their back or lean back and rest them on the glove compartment.
If the idea of having sex in public makes you feel nervous, reverse cowgirl is an excellent seated sex position to try. In the reverse cowgirl, you can look through the front window and easily spot any passersby (but I can’t guarantee you won’t be too busy moaning with pleasure).
Reverse cowgirl is one of my favorite positions since it allows you to enjoy deep penetration that comes with G spot stimulation and allows your partner to enjoy a great view. It’s a win-win.
How To Do It
- Have your partner sit in the passenger seat (you don’t want the steering wheel stabbing you).
- Then, you straddle him just like in the cowgirl position, except this time, you’re facing away.
- Place your hands on his lap to support yourself. You can also bend forward slightly and use the glove compartment for extra support.
- Alternatively, you can lean backward for more partner contact.
Road Head Blowjob
If done well, road head is a real treat for your man. However, giving him oral sex while driving is dangerous (and illegal), so never do that. You both want to feel relaxed enough to focus on enjoyable sensations without worrying about causing an accident. You can start performing oral sex when you get to a more secluded area such as a parking lot.
If you’re into submission, road head is perfect. Have your partner pull your hair and encourage them to engage in dirty talk. Yummy!
How To Do It
- Your partner typically sits in the driver’s seat while you’re in the passenger seat.
- Then you simply bend over and go down on him.
Are you familiar with tantric sex? If a deepened mental connection is what you’re after, Yab Yum is a position for you. The idea is to slowly build up to deliberate, mindful intercourse.
What does it mean in practice? Firstly, you should aim for lengthy foreplay involving passionate kissing, slow movement, and massage. The next step is engaging all your senses. While lighting candles might not be the best option, you can focus on your partner’s scent and play sensual music. Since it’s a face-to-face position, you can stare into your partner’s eyes and synchronize your breathing with slow hip movement.
Pro Tip: Add clitoris stimulation to heighten the sensations even more.
How to Do It
- This position is like a more compact version of car girl because you’re folded in a passenger seat.
- The man gets into a lotus pose, and the woman sits on his lap, wrapping her legs around his back.
- Both partners hug each other and use slow hip movements.
Once you’ve had some practice with car sex, it’s time to step up the game. Backseat spider is a fun car sex position that can be challenging when you have limited space and dim lighting, but it all comes with practice. You can prepare ahead of time. For example, you can practice this position in your bedroom first.
While the spider isn’t very intimate because you aren’t close enough for passionate kissing, it’s still a face-to-face position, so you can easily maintain eye contact. Plus, if you lift your pelvis, your partner will have easy access to your G spot, and you can stimulate your clitoris and surrounding area at the same time. It does require some upper body strength, though, but it’s doable.
How To Do It
- Sit in the back seat with your arms behind your body to support yourself.
- Next, have your partner mirror the position in front of you.
- Now, move closer so your hips are between his legs, resting outside of his hips.
- Bend your knees and synchronize hip movement.
The Backseat scissor is a great backseat position and the perfect option for women who enjoy deep penetration but aren’t fans of rear entry positions. With this car sex position, you can play with all your erogenous zones. Stroke your breast with one hand, stimulate your clitoris with the other and ask your partner to finger your butt.
You can make it even more exciting by adding some roleplay. If you’re into a submissive-dominant dynamic, have your partner use a seatbelt to tie your hands. Hot!
How To Do It
- Lie on your side and have your partner sit on his knees in front of your feet.
- He then lifts his pelvis so you can slide one leg under it. The top leg goes over his hip.
- You can play with different angles and move your pelvis according to what feels best.
Having sex in a car can be a huge hit or miss – have you ever slammed your head against the door? What about dealing with shame if someone happens to see you? Luckily, this position is pretty discreet. It almost looks like you’re casually embracing each other, so even when caught, people might not realize what’s going on.
Additionally, it’s a position that can strengthen the bond with your partner. While you can’t see your partner’s face, both hugging each other and sexual contact release feel-good hormones. If you manage to climax, I guarantee you won’t ever want to have sex any other way.
How To Do It
- Have your partner sit behind you in the back seat and slide into your partner’s lap
- Make sure you both rest your arms on the seat for support
- You can lean slightly backward to maximize closeness
What’s great about sex in the car is that you’re already familiar with most positions but in a different setting. Once you’ve tried all the positions you know, you can try more exciting and adventurous options. Car sex allows you to explore new sensual sensations that can improve your orgasms and sexual pleasure. Plus, you’ll have more stories to tell at parties!